The service we provide you is Your service, catering for YOUR group only, we are in effect your private shuttle to and from the Overland track.
During peak season (01/10 – 31/05), The track can only be walked North to South and as such there is a booking system in place that is managed and enforced by the Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife service. The booking system is in place so the Parks and Wildlife service can regulate numbers of hikers on the track, in order to preserve the area.
If you wish to travel during the peak season you MUST make a booking through by the Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife service. Outside these times the track can be negotiated in either direction, As a result your transport options may differ greatly depending on your direction of travel.
We provide shuttle services as required by you or your group, we can arrange Launceston pick ups and drop offs or the same for Hobart. Prices quoted are for shuttle services ONLY, we can organise park passes if you wish. Ferry bookings (from Narcissis hut, the last hut on the North to South route, to Lake St Claire are an additional cost through Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife services) and are your responsibility to book.
We will happily store any excess gear you may have (free of charge) until we pick you up from the end of your adventure.
Complimentary bottled water is provided on the journey.
Travel options listed below (depending on direction travelled and services required)
Launceston to Cradle mountain/Ronny creek to Launceston (Ronny Creek departure/completion point) or Hobart to Lake St Claire/Lake St Claire to Hobart (either direction, depending on travel dates)
$110 per person minimum 4 people
A discount rate of $700 applies to groups of 7 or more people.
Price quoted is one way/drop off or pick up only
Maximum 12 passengers
- Collection from your departure point in Hobart/Launceston areas and taken to the start of the track (depending on your direction of travel). OR
- Collection from your end point, Lake St Claire or Ronny creek, and taken to your Hobart/Launceston destination.
- Official check in required by Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife services, collect Overland track passes (required) at your point of commencement.
Lake St Clair collection to Hobart (North to South) or Hobart to Lake St Claire
- At the pre-arranged date, we will meet you at the Lake St Clair pier, if you utilise the ferry service, a short 2 minute walk from the visitor centre, or at the ‘End of the Overland track’ sign, at the Visitor centre. Or collection from your Hobart location and deliver to Lake St Claire.
- Driver will load your gear into the secure trailer while you relax with a hot beverage in the visitor centre, or have a much-needed hot cooked breakfast (at your cost)
- Once you are ready you will be taken to your destination for some rest and recuperation.
- Includes any stops requested on the return trip, be it food, coffee or comfort breaks.
Ronny Creek collection to Launceston (South to North) or Launceston to Ronny creek
- Meet you at the Ronny creek car park at a pre-determined date and an approximate time (give or take a few hours) Or collect you from your Launceston location and deliver your group to Ronny creek
- Driver will load all your gear
- Taken to your accommodation destination, if transiting back to Launceston
- Includes any stops requested on the return trip, be it food, coffee or comfort breaks
All booking are subject to availability. Please contact us on email Info@iashuttles.com.au